SERVICES / Design Management
HARRIS a+dm provides the following Design Management Services to focus and maximize the efforts of the design team.
· Design Contract Coordination services described earlier.
DESIGN AND DOCUMENTATION PHASES
· Review Owner’s budget and suggest design contingencies to carry in milestone cost estimates.
· Coordinate the efforts of the primary design consultants.
· Facilitate the development of a comprehensive design and documentation schedule.
· Monitor communication between design consultants.
· Plan coordinated and proactive design team agendas.
· Schedule, moderate, and minute specific design meetings.
· Frame issues and questions for consideration by the Owner/Client, Operator or other design team members.
· Document design decisions and maintain a design and documentation task list.
· Review drawings for compliance with project design program.
· Issue status reports noting design consultant progress, and proposing remedial action if required.
· Monitor the design consultants compliance with key performance components including schedule, budget, Operator standards and Client comments.
· Review and formalize the documentation requirements for each milestone drawing issue.
· Assist with documentation planning and perform milestone document audits.
· Review design consultant’s invoices against design and documentation progress, and evaluate Additional Service requests.
· Facilitate review of the design requirements with bidders.
· Document requirements and schedule for material samples and mock-ups.
· Monitor consultants activities affecting program requirements, design quality, project budget and construction schedule.
· Monitor design consultants response to contractor and purchasing agent queries and RFI’s.