SERVICES / Design Contract Coordination
HARRIS a+dm provides the following Design Contract Coordination Services as an integral part of Design Management or as a stand-alone service.
· Review the Owner’s design priorities for the project.
· Analyze the design and documentation requirements for the project.
· Review the Client's RFP to assure that those requirements have been accurately conveyed to the potential consultants.
· Evaluate the selected consultants’ capabilities during office visits, in-depth discussions with the proposed project team and manager, and a thorough review of the consultants’ standard design documentation.
· Report to the Client on the relative strengths of the primary design team members, including design and documentation.
· Review the project schedule, budget and design standard with the consultants and obtain confirmation of their understanding and acceptance.
· Conduct a working session to finalize an expanded differentiation document establishing detailed design and documentation requirements.
· Issue a final report on the differentiation document including any concerns regarding the capabilities of the selected design team to achieve the project goals.
· Prepare a coordinated design and documentation milestone schedule.
· Establish guidelines for design consultant communication.
· Review and resolve procedures for concurrent use of CAD drawings during the project.
· Evaluate the sufficiency of consultant fees and staff availability.
· Assist the Client in finalizing coordinated agreements with the primary design consultants.